Re: Outlining (Whishes for a future U2)

On 27 Oct 2005, at 11:14, Correo Fenda wrote:

> something so powerful like GrandView. A hide/showing feature like the
> one that WP6 for Dos offered would be enough. My current trick (using
> NT deltas), when the file is more than 150Kb, produces "Cannot
> scrolling" messages. Manuel Castelao

Manuel

I have just outlined a fairly complex 500K document using your method of NT deltas by running a
simple XPL program to hide the text between headings. IV would also do the trick.

I find that the scrolling message only occurs in PAGE-LINE view while DRAFT view is quite happy in
my Xy4Dos setup under Win98.

However, a quick and dirty workaround would be to get the XPL program to create a temporary outline
file and simply delete the text between headings. In this way your working document is untouched and
you have a small - non-beeping - outline file.

Personally I find no need for outlining and I seldom work on a file that is bigger than 100K.

Jon Inggs

  Jon Inggs                           Telephone: (012) 429-4464
  Economics Dept                      Fax:      (012) 429-3433
  PO Box 392
  UNISA
  0003
This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
≪≪gwavasig≫≫
≪≪ gwavasig ≫≫