From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patricia M.
Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:29 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XyWrite in Ubuntu Linux

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> Any particular reason for using DosBox and not DOSEMU?
> Isn't it easier to mount your entire *nix file system with DOSEMU?

Now that sounds VERY interesting. Does that mean one could get away from
*nix's blasted hierarchical file system, with everything off root, and
no independent separate drives? (Of course, whether anyone with less of
the "hacker* nature" than Robert could get DOSEMU working is another
question.)

> That desktop icon may be familiar to you, but I've never seen it
> before.
> Where'd you get that?

I have it somewhere--aha, found it. I think it's an adaptation of the
image on the box of one of the earlier XyIII releases. Only 1 K, so I'm
going to include it here for anyone who might want it.

* NB When I say "hacker" I mean it solely in the good sense (my
brother would have my hide did I not). The bad guys are properly
crackers or black hat hackers.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx