Re: linux and xywrite

At 05:08 PM 3/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

I hope I am not going over ground that has been covered recently. (I've been offline for awhile.) But is anyone out there running Xywrite under Linux (dosemu)? If so, what distribution? And what problems (if any) have you encountered? Any information would be appreciated. Phil Ferreira Dept. of Philosophy Kutztown University

I ocassionaly run 3.56 in an xdos box under kde using Caldera 1.3. No problems, but I only use it on a limited basis so I am not a good yardstick.

If you are thinking of installing Linux and running dos programs, I would definitely recommend the Caldera 1.3 distribution. It installs dosemu as part of the installation (something I have had trouble with on other distributions). On caveat is that the KPPP internet utilitiy doesn't install and then work for me nearly as seamlessly as XISP, which was part of Caldera 1.2 (an can be dl'd)

Mark