Re: Another new VDOSXY install

Thanks, Carl, it was a read-only flag. Because of the added security, that's an epidemic problem with Win7--nice to know the command code.

Now I'm working on VCLIP, and I'm having the same problem I remember from the other Win7 computer.

But I was a little more attentive to what I did.

I extracted  vclip.zip into C:\Vdos\XY, made sure the named files were in C:\VDOS\XY
I added the environmental variable vdosdir.
I copied (because for some reason Add2U2 helpkey doesn't work for me) the VCLIP code just before the end of XYWEB120.reg.

Because I wasn't sure what the VCLIP.ME instructions meant, I copied both of the Copy and Paste keyboard codes into my XY4-3.kbd file onto CTRL-46 (C) and 47 (V), trying first the shorter ones (and semi-coloning out the other of course)  and then the longer ones.

And somehow that scrambles the function key codes--for instance, F10 brings up the menus, like File, etc.,  that F6 did before,  instead of clearing the command line. With the longer key assignment code, CTRL-C copied the defined text onto the same XY file and didn't say anything about the clipboard.

At one point I also got VDOS stuck so it wouldn't close--was displaying either part of the XY4 page and some tiny white text or the DOS screen with Z:>,  and wouldn't exit.

So close and yet so far. I'm probably misreading the VCLIP.ME instructions or garbling XYWEB120.REG. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jon Pareles