Re: Long Lost XPL Routine [was: young for life}

"Young For Life Products, Ltd" wrote:

> Ah hah! The mystery is finally revealed!! The reason I've been stumped in
> modifying XY4 was that my computer guru, who built my new computer and put
> two hard-drives in it, and who installed XY4 and eCS in it for me, put the
> XY4 program files on D: but set it up so it would switch to C: during
> startup for putting data directories and files under C:\XY4. (And then, in
> the maddening way computer gurus have of assuming one can read their minds,
> never told me any of this). So, I've been searching in vain all this time
> under C:\XY4, which he set up just for data files, when all the program
> files are in D:\XY4. Pardon me while I go destroy something. There, that's
> better. Sorry to trouble all of you.

No trouble at all. Your point about computer gurus is well-taken. Those that
know
the most can often be the *worst* at explaining any of it. Teaching a tech.
subject
in such a way that non-techies can "get" it is a rare gift. As your experience
again
demonstrates, an astounding percentage of "befuddlement" and software
apparently
not working is due to the setup being Off, and things not being located where
they
are supposed to be or where expected.

Jordan