RE: XyWrite history? (timeline)

It seems odd that TTG didn't update their splashscreen dates for 4.018.
That's what I was going by when I initially put a date of 1994 next to that
version on the list. Looking at the creation date for the EXE though, it
says 1999.
So here's my question: was the Y2K fix named 4.018? Or was there already a
4.018, that was updated and then re-released without incrementing the
version number. I just find it too strange that they'd access the
splashscreen code to change the version number and yet not update the
copyright date.

I'm not arguing...just musing.

>>Harry, your Voice Of Authority permits me no choice but acquiescence.

>Thank you... but let's also get the year right:
>4.018 was, according to Carl, 1999. Nobody cared about Y2K in '94.
>My editor.exe file for 4.018 says 8/23/99.

Yes, I believe you'd have had to've been in pretty "deep geek" to've heard
more than a garbled rumor about THAT prediction in '94.

_BrianH