Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Myron,

My experience is that Xy4 imposes its ways over Xy3 files. Sure, you can
read them in, but from then on they follow Xy4 rules. Xy4 is a poor
substitute for a Xy3 editor. It gets too complicated.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

I have always thought that Xy4 was essentially backwards compatible with Xy3 files. That is, I thought that Xy3 formatting codes were a true subset of Xy4 codes (Xy4 has all of Xy3 plus more). Over the years XyWrite changed the default ways of setting margins and the units used for spacing, but couldn't it still use the old ways if you told it to? Myron