This just in ... -Reply

Reminds me of something I saw at a computer store, for sale
next to propeller beanies...

Its a keycap labeled "ANY"

As in....

"Press any key to continue...."

Thanks for the Giggle, A!

Steve Crutchfield, God Emperor of the Known Universe

>>> "..."  03/18/97 01:08pm >>>
The subject of xyWrite user sophistication comes up here now
and
then. I've mentioned my friend M. before. Longtime loyalist,
churns out book after book with a pirated xyW 3-as-typewriter.
The printer driver he uses prints $ at the left of each line.
He trims each page with scissors. I suggest occasionally that
if he'd go straight he could get a proper driver but he's no more
interested than he is in learning, e.g., to search or block, etc.

Our saintly mutual friend R. has been trying valiantly to get
M. online. Installed a modem, is trying now to guide M. through
his provider's Windows interface. Just found this, from R.,
in my mailbox:

Time: Last Night.

R: Use your Tab key to...

M: What's a Tab key?

R: Shit. The key marked Tab on the left...

M: I haven't got one.

R: Crap. It's on the left, above Caps Lock maybe,
  marked Tab with two horizontal arrows.

M: Nope, nope. No such thing.

R: Look harder.

M: Oh yeah. I've never used that. What does it do?
  What did you call it?

 nyc