RE: Winmail.dat, anyone else getting this at the end of mail...

At 11:27 PM 12/13/00 +0200, Frank Heydenrych wrote:

>The problem is, I keep on changing one setting and then for some months
>it's fine, then it pops up again. Then one person receives it, then no one
>... I suspect that what's happening is some people's e-mail readers are
>converting my autosignature. I killed my autosig for a while and it seemed
>to stop. For instance, is there a WINMAIL.DAT at the end of this e-mail,
>which is a reply and therefore shouldn't carry an autosig?

Yes, there is. Look, I removed Outlook from the Windoze computer, but on
the Mac, Outlook has a setting "send mail in internet format". Could that
be it?
Calling UUE garbage "internet format" could well be a Microsoft idea.

>In my PR business I need the autosig ... and only Outlook cuts it.
>Shoot!!!!

Every e-mail program I know has a signature function. What exactly is it
that necessitates Outlook?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)