Re: Cleaning up html (and XP operating system)

Carl Distefano wrote:

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox" Wed, 05 Jun 2002 19:44:49 -0800 If DELTAGS chokes in other contexts, I'd certainly like to hear about it. -- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxx http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/
I'm most grateful to whoever brought up the html problem, because it finally roused me to get hold of the Jumbo set of programs, and for me DELTAGS works just fine, including reading files downloaded from the South China Morning Post of Hong Kong, which my browser won't pick up because there's a registration code put in them. I'm now sufficiently embolded to see if I can make it work for NBWin 6.0. Only one minor problem, and that is that in some downloaded files (those from the NYTimes, for instance), DELTAGS does not deal with paragraph breaks; if I want them I have to go into the html file, and do a global chance turning all the

signs into paragraph breaks. Then if I run DELTAGS all works as advertised. If I knew enough about XPL programming no doubt I could fix the problem myself, but I'm reluctant to mess around with anything that works as well as DELTAGS. One more appeal on a different subject: I gather some people have had no trouble in running XyWrite in a full window in Microsoft XP Home edition. If anyone has the time and inclination, I'd be interested in hearing privately (or publicly) how this is done, because I'm not having much luck with it. Nicholas Clifford clifford@xxxxxxxx -- Nicholas Clifford clifford@xxxxxxxx