XYWIN

Harmon,

The advantages of XYWIN, for me, are that I can use it directly with some other
programs I use all the time. Namely: Winfax 3.0 (I haven't bothered to upgrade
to 4.0), and ECCO Professional 2.0. I also use it as the text editor within
several other windows applications.

I have never used XyDOS, so I can't speak to relative speed. Xywin in
draft/edit mode is a fast as any word processor I have ever used, windows dos
or otherwise. In graphics mode there is a noticeable speed penalty, but I find
it minimal and usually write letters and short notes in graphics mode. Long
documents prefer the draft/edit mode.

Since I upgraded to 4.11, I have not had a single GPF with xywin, and I am
quite happy with it. Give me orbis and ibid (and a hardware upgrade in the
office) and I will shift completely to xywin (I use Notabene now for my serious
writing).

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947