Re: conversion query

WordPerfect 6.1 can convert back and forth to XyWrite 3, and I can send you
the driver, if that's any help.

But when I'm dealing with simple files (and I try to keep my files simple),
I just import and export them as ASCII text files. The word processing
conversion files never convert perfectly, and I have to clean them up
afterwards anyway. WordPerfect translates to tabs where I use indents, etc.
It's easier to clean up after an unformatted ASCII file than to clean up
after WordPerfect's attempt to translate a XyWrite file.

Norman

At 11:30 AM 8/4/01 -0400, Bill Troop wrote:

>What's the best way to convert back and forth between XyWrite and Word and
>WordPerfect? Pretty simple files. I seem to have lost all my XyWrite
>conversion filters for the PC. I have Conversions Plus but that doesn't do
>XyWrite. On the Mac I have the analogous program, DataViz something, but
>I'd like to stay on the PC. What do I do?

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019
(212) 977-3223