Re: Sig vs. Xy4

> From: Carl L. Distefano
> The question of XyIII+ vs. Sig|Xy4 vs. Xy4|XyWin is near and dear to
> me. To state my bias up front, it's that: III+ was wonderful (belongs
> in a 1980's time capsule), Sig awful (pig-slow), and Xy4 much better
> than either. XyWin I regard as a deeply-flawed. Its best feature is
> fast WYSIWYG editing; for the rest, you're better off in DOS.
>
> In terms of features, Xy4 stands head & shoulders over III+. Read the
> manuals: Much-expanded editing, file-handling and DOS-interface ......

> As much as I loved III+, I would never go back to it.

Thanks for your comments. One question: do I get a real XY4 manual if I
upgrade from III+ to IV, or do I get a few notes only? It certainly sounds
as if I need the real manual.

And how do I get in touch with XyQuest (or whoever) these days? Here (in
Sydney, Australia) I imagine it's unlikely there's anyone local selling it.

By the way, I should like to inform you of the distinguished company you
all now find yourselves in, since I've joined this group . One day, some
10 years ago or so, my phone rang while I was working at my PC in England.
It was The Sunday Times (then, at least, the UK's largest-circulation
quality Sunday newspaper). They had heard that I was the exclusive
distributor of XyWrite in the UK, and could I tell them something about it.
And am I now a rich retired person, living off the proceeds of the 10,000
or so copies I later heard they bought? I hear you ask. Well, not quite.
With all my business acumen and speed of thought, I said I was no such
thing. Instead, I referred them directly to XyQuest. Brilliant, n'est-ce
pas?