RE: Xywrite 4 manual

Leslie:

What do you mean by the "Luddite" version?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Leslie
Bialler
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 3:43 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Xywrite 4 manual

Bob Zimmerman wrote:

> Yo Xywrite experts,
>
> I am interested in learning about Xywrite 4 for DOS, having
been a devoted
> Xywrite 3.55 user now for almost six years. Before I make the
switch,
> however, I wish to find out what I need to do in my startup.int
and keyboard
> files to make them compatable with Xy 4 for DOS.

Well, it works the other way, really. You can configure Xy4 for
DOS so
that it looks, feels, and works precisely like the Luddite
version. In
fact, as I recall, it will ask you that when you run the truly
hideous
install program. (Don't mean to frighten you, but hideous it is.)

> Does anyone have a XyWrite 4 manual that I can copy? I live in
the
> Washington/Baltimore area, and will be glad to come and pick it
up and
> return it the same day, if possible.

Well, then. The Technology Group is right there for you at good
old 36
South Charles St. in Baltimore. Stop in, say, hi, pay the good
folks,
and walk out happily with manual, a nice legal copy of the
software, and
perhaps a tip or two from the staff.

Oh: and if you see Ken Frank, go up to him and ask him what
happened to
the Smartwords Beta?

--
Leslie Bialler