Re File-specific display mode

Thanks all. Tim Baehr's method is what I was hoping for (and thought I
remembered existed), because the whole problem is that if there's even a
nanosecond in which the file is open in draft or page-line mode, there's
danger of a lockup because of the invalid column table code. It also
occured to me that I could call a small program from STARTUP.INT, which
would ask what mode I wanted default for that session, and let me choose
(much as I did for years with loading one of several printer files,
before I learned from this list to use PickPrinter).

Harry is so right about keyboard layout. Caps Lock next to A and right
under Tab has to be the DUMBEST design decision ever made.

P.S. Warning: do NOT try to access Control Panel when XyWrite is loaded,
even minimized. You can get locked up so that even the 3-fingered salute
doesn't work. At least under Win98, 1st & 2d eds.

Patricia