Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:52:34 +0000 (UTC)
From: "Wengier W" mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxx (Redacted sender "wengierwu" for DMARC)
Subject: Re: Two topics:  Gift Horse and Font Quirks

Hi Jon P,
The splash screen with the build number and credits will show up only if you are connected to a network domain or a network drive is addressed. Jos Schaars, the author of vDos has decided to make the registration of vDos optional. I cannot disable this directly in the source code, but you will never see that splash screen if your PC is not connected to a network domain or drive. More information can be found at:
https://www.vdos.info/register.html
As for alternative fonts, please note that like original vDos, only monospaced fonts are accepted by vDos-lfn. For example, if you want to use the DejavuSans font then you need to use DejaVuSansMono.ttf instead of DejavuSans.ttf. I have tested it myself and it surely works. Hope this helps.
P.S. The latest build of vDos-lfn is build 2016.08.24.
Wengier