Printers/XyWrite 3+/OS2 v3

My Okidata OL400 (LED) printer won't feed paper in past
several inches and supposedly needs a paper input assembly,
at about $180 plus $100 or so labor. Rather than spend that
kind of money on an aging machine, I need to quickly
consider a new printer. I use XyWrite III+ 3.57 and OS/2
Warp v3. I looked at TTG BBS (for XY) and the drivers all
seem ancient. I have XYDOS 4 but for various reasons have
resisted changing. My questions are these:
1. would the XYDOS4 printer drivers work with XY3
2. can any XY3-OS2 v3 users on this list recommend a good
printer
3. any workarounds, say if I buy a Hew-Pack I can use a
lower version driver

I do a great deal of b&w text printing but if I am going to
go for a new printer I figure I might consider getting
something with color for the occasional photo, graphic, etc.
I guess that means an ink jet. However, I am also interested
in any views re how XYDOS3 and OS2 v3 works with current
crop of LEDs and lasers, too.

As always, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

rick pienciak
pienciak@xxxxxxxx