Re: Problem with CLIPW

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Is it possible to modify the default font used for draft view in NotaBene?

Command DMFONT on the command line.
It works with the v7 too and it gave me an idea of a possible NB screen
in my usual style. I have used FG and BG commands to customize colors.

The demo is v7! Buggy. Among many other things, you don't have the Screen
Settings dialog, which is required to set the background color, not only for
text, but for the "paper" -- i.e. the area of the NB screen not occupied by
text.

This is the key point and I am waiting for a v8 Demo to test it in depth.
Anyhow, as I have suggested, the problem with NB is what I am obtaining in exchange for 250 bucks: 1. A complete outlining support (at present, I am using the macros that Harry kindly wrote for us). 2. A program that uses ANSI codification and so it's suitable for setting my text files for Ventura. But I already have that in ansified XyWrite. And it's really good! 3. A program that communicates very well with Windows clipboard. But once again I have that thanks to Robert's CLIP utilities. 4. Good communication with Windows printers. But, once again, Robert has solved that issue with his universal printing method. On the other hand, it's obviously interesting to support NotaBene, being the XyWrite in the Windows world. But I have decided that I'll wait some extra money before I spend my 250 bucks. But this is very relative and I wouldn't like to disencourage anybody from purchasing the new version of NotaBene, surely a major upgrade.
Manuel Castelao