Re: Testing printing with vDosXy 500

Hi Kari,

I just wanted to note again how impressed I was at what you were able to accomplish with this.  To my best recollection, second only to facility with XPL, editing and customizing the printer tables was probably the most challenging aspect of XyWrite.  And this was likely the case more with Xy-3 than with Xy-4, but I'm not sure ?  With 4, the Speedo fonts may have substantially streamlined the process.  (?)

   Jordan

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: Testing printing with vDosXy 500

Hello John,

I have not heard from you as of yet. Maybe I formulated the text below
in a poor way. I meant to say that I managed to extract the autofont
files from the disk images. However, I am not suggesting that you should
do the same. As such, the files are not human-readable. They cannot be
used without the proper utilities to extract width tables for DOS
programs. I have such a setup with all the necessary utilities in place
in my old DOS machine, so I could provide you with any width tables or
print files that you may need. Please contact me, and do not try to do
this yourself.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)