Re: NB no loner has XY filter

When I raised this same question a month or so ago with NB, their
technical guy, Steve, wrote me: "Because the old filters (licensed from
another company) have not been updated for over seven years, and the
results produced by them were not nearly as good as the results produced
by using our own RTF filters, we decided to remove them from 8.0i.
However, you clearly have different needs [if using both NB and
Xywrite]. ... you can re-activate these older filters by going to Tools,
Preferences, and then selecting File Import/Export (General)."  I
followed Steve's directions successfully, re-activiting the "save as"
XyW option (and numerous others). However, shortly after that my NB
crashed; and after re-installing it, for some reason I don't see a "File
Import/Export" item among the Tools/Preferences (it's otherwise now
working fine). So, I don't know what else to tell you.  --Peter
Goldberger, Ardmore, PA

Michael Norman wrote:
Much to my surprise -- and chagrin -- I noticed this morning for the first time that the new NB no longer has a "save as" option to convert directly to XY4. Easy to overcome by saving your .doc to .rtf then, in XY, using Carl's sa/xy4 routine in U2, but com'on folks at NB/NY, how hard would it have been to preserve that? Or am I missing something?

Michael Norman