Bits 'o business -Reply

In re: adding stuff to the menu par.

This Bit 'o Business a Piece 'o Cake

Here's how to do it...

Create a "U2" file with all the XPL routines and DLG stuff. I call
mine "STUFF.U2'. Then put the command BX Load
d:\xw\stuff.u2" Q2 in your XWSTART.int.

Next, you need to modify your MNU file which creates the menu
bar. I created an entry called "Stuff" to point to my customized
stuff.  Put a snippet in the section of code in the
XWMENU.MNU file which starts with {{0,!n}}. This is the code
that creates the "file... edit... view...." stuff. The following line is
included in my XWMENU.MNU file, right before "Help"

 &Stuff! ≪JDMBStuff≫,Neat goodies I've added!.

(Note: the ≪ and ≫ refer to the chevrons used in XPL
programming)

Next, create the appropriate "L-type" drop-down menu for your
menu bar file. Above, the selection "Stuff" in the menu bar
points to a drop-down dialog called "MBStuff" Below, I've
enclosed a copy of what I've included in my XWMENU.MNU file:

{{L,MBStuff}} **OK**
&Re-Open...	≪JD2.ReOpen≫	,Re-Open a recently edited
file.
&Save All	≪JD2.SaveAllOpen≫	,Save all files currently
open
St&ore All	≪JD2.StoreAllOpen≫	,Save and close all files
currently open
&Jump Ship	≪JD2.JumpShip≫	,Close all files and quit
&Quickie Restore	≪JD2.QuickieRestore≫	,Store all files
and restore a logged session
0|D,
&Telephone...	≪JD2.Phone≫	,Look up a phone
number
0|D,
&Fave Places	≪JD2.FavePlaces≫	,Commonly used
directories0|D,
0|D,
&Make a Memo	≪JD2.MakeAMemo≫	,Create a memo from
a template
Make a &Letter	≪JD2.MakeALetter≫	,Create a letter from
a template
0|D,
Ma&xView	≪JD2.MaxView≫,Get rid of screen clutter
0|D,
&Preferences...	≪JD2.PathsA≫,Paths for selected files
&About	≪JD2.About!≫,Show Credits

Note that these selections labelled "JD2" point to entries in the
U2 file. So: Selecting "Make a Letter" calls up the code in the
U2 file called "Make a letter", which pulls up a formatted
letterhead document.

Finally: the lines with "0|D" create a single horizontal bar dividing
entries in the drop-down menu bar.

Have Fun!

Steve