Re: The value of $X

Carl,
Have you run into problems with $X when RUNning XPL programs that expect a CR from the user, e.g., to signal termination of input? I did. I found I couldn't rely on the familiar tests for whether was "in" {ascii 238} a user keystroke (nor vice-versa).
The work-around I implemented was crude but guaranteed effective: every XPL
program now (via automated boilerplate) begins by loading a standard KBD
file, and ends by re-loading the one with $X. Surprisingly, doing this KBD
swap in and out takes no perceptible time.
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 02 Nov
2008 15:14:13 -0500

> Early on, I noted the possible S/G conflict and for my version,
> which is $H not to alter your $X, I simply changed the
> numbering to be 90 and 91.

I can't speak for your version, but, with yesterday's mod, there
should be no need to renumber frame $X when it's used as intended --
as a KBD-file replacement for func XC or Enter.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger