Re: XY on a Mac

flash wrote:
≪Just to be clear: you're saying that VPC won't run on OSX 10.4 and later? ≫

I'm not sure that VPC won't run under OSX 10.4.
I _think_ I recall that the problem is that VPC won't run on Intel Macs. (Microsludge wouldn't dare!)
I'm guessing here, that what "porting" amounts to in practice is writing XPL code and creating an API (application programming interface).
Afraid not. Xy was written in Assembler: direct access to the Intel (and AMD) hardware. It would have to be rewritten from scratch to port it. And anyway, there's a legal issue: the code is owned by someone who won't release it.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx