Re: XyWin & bug vs. feature

Bob Brody wrote:

> If you want a better Windows word processor, yes, it is.  Quite.

  Or you might want to try StarWriter (StarOffice) which seriously
outsells Word in Europe, and runs not only in windoze, but also w95, and
natively in OS/2 and Linux. And is totally free for Linux, which is
neat. Of course, WP is also available as a native Linux app, and quite
reasonalble too, only $125. I'm sure I'll never see a XY/Linux, or even
a XY/OS2, and I'd certainly choose WP over Word, just on ethical grounds
-- just like I make other purchasing decisions on ethical grounds, like
trying to avoid non-green products when possible, like not buying
products from companies that do testing on animals, etc. Some people
don't care who they get in bed with, but I do.
  XY kept me because of speed -- that's now totally irrelavant. I now
only use it out of habit. It'll be interesting to see if Smartwords can
induce me to pay for it.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you