Re: FILEMENU.PM (formerly FAVORITE.PM)

At 07:57 AM 1/14/01 +0000, Carl Distefano wrote:

>lists using Xy's automatic counters. Moreover, if you >know the number of the file you want, why fool around >with the menu at all? Why not go directly to the file? If you are only talking about one or two files, the whole procedure is not necessary.

You can just use the "memo" file function that is already in the default XY4 keyboard and modify it.
The reason that I wanted something like this is that I found I have about a dozen files that I want to call up regularly, and at that level it becomes convenient to have a little menu. >The attached program -- now renamed to FILEMENU.PM -- >implements all of these changes. Give it a spin. Strange -- does not work for me, unlike the previous one. This one does not call up the file, instead it just edits the favorite file. -- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo -- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar Wilde)