Re: Tabs in MS-Word (was 'What's in a tab?'

At 08:31 AM 10/1/97 +0900, rrr wrote:
>Could be something with the Japanese mutation of "Word" though.

Notoriously [i.e. direct from my collection of received ideas], Word/J and
Word/US produce very different files, even if you use the former only for
plain ASCII. [See for example the Nihongo Computing list, passim.] Type
in plain ASCII, and Word/J will interpolate a null character between each.
Thus if I represent a null by a period, then what you type in as "between"
becomes ".b.e.t.w.e.e.n".
Peter Evans