Re: Keyboard ps/2 converter or new computer?

--- Lisa Kleinholz  wrote:

> to get a converter
> from PS/2 plug on the new keyboard to work with
> larger, round keyboard
> port on my old Gateway.
>
> Would anyone know what the gizmo might be called so
> I can plug in a new
> Avant Stellar? And where I might find one?

Harry's link should do it for you, but I've bought
these a few times -- it's a standard part. Belkin
makes them, among others. I've picked them up at
places like Office Depot or Staples. If you need part
#s, I should be able to find them for you. You just
need to have the male vs. female & pinouts correspond
to the connection you are making. (There are extender
cables also, which can be conveninet for keyboards,
depending on your desk arrangements.) One other thing
-- I've bought ones that were just straight, short
adaptors, but which took up too much space where they
plug into the computer. (Depends on the back
connector layout of the computer.) And I've also
bought a more "svelte" type that was bent at a right
angle, and neatly avoided this problem.

Jordan