Re: a XyWrite-on-Mac question

Bill Troop wrote:

> I will look. Right now I can't find ANY of my XyWrite documentation.

CTRL=29,99
ALT=56,98
SHIFT=42,54
CAPS=58,T:C

Well then! Voila. notice the T (for toggle) after the 58. Yup, just
insert (or delete) where you want a key to toggle. Notice also the C
after the colon? The "C" will display on the prompt line.

> However, I have in the past found that working with the caps lock
> key is not simple when you are running Xy4 under Windows or on
> a Mac under Windows emulation.

Quite possibly. L'Emulation c'est toujours l'emulation, n'est-ce pas?

> I would imagine that some of the
> same problems would occur with DOS under Linux. Does anyone know
> of anyone besides me who is interested in running XyWrite in a
> Mac environment? If there were only enough to merit publicizing
> it in a Mac publication ...

This issue comes up from time to time. My advice: render unto Apple that
which is Apple's and render unto Gates that which is Gates's.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press