Re: Flat Panel Displays -- the sequel

Reply to note from Michael Norman  Mon, 03
Dec 2001 13:08:55 -0500

> PS to CD: Successfully updated U2, but following instructions
> for new settings and changed settings in the settings.dfl,
> lost the *today* command and can't quite figure which setting
> caused the tiny problem.

What does that mean, exactly? "Lost the today command"? In other
words, you issue the native TODAY comand -- TODAY -- and nothing
happens? Or you issue the U2 TODAY command -- TODAY (which
puts the day of the week, in addition to the date) -- and nothing
happens? Or you do either of the above and something unexpected
happens?

I'll assume the first: you issue TODAY and nothing happens. The
most likely explanation is that you've somehow set DZ (the default
date mask) to the null string. When you command VA/NV DZ, what
PRompt is returned? If it's a blank, open SETTINGS.DFL and SEarch
for a line that begins "df dz=". If it's not there, you need to add
a line such as:

df dz=Mmmm d, yyy

(Adjust the date mask to taste.) That will reinstate the default
date mask when you next start Xy. To get it back it immediately,
from the command line issue D/NV DZ=Mmmm d, yyy (be sure not to omit
the /NV); or just re-LOAD your edited SETTINGS.DFL. You understand,
of course, that you can always override the default date mask by
specifying one on the CMline: TODAY m/d/yy.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, then you'll need to draw me a
clearer picture of the tree.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx