Re: callnext

Reply to note from "morris krok"  Sat, 12 Mar 2005
10:27:49 +0200

> I wonder if Carl, ould show what lines of code are necessary
> to bypass the doc and exe extension files.

Are you asking for code that will cause the cursor to skip files with
those extensions as it moves down a directory listing? If so, easy. In
pseudo-code, it would be:

{240}".DOC"!{240}".EXE">LD

In real code (issue DECODE to decode):

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
{<}IF{<}VA$DR{>}{240}".DOC"!{<}VA$DR{>}{240}".EXE"{>}[LD_]{<}
EI{>}[cr|lf][cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

> Often e-mail messages which I feel are necessary to save, when
> opening them, have returns in middle of sentences that makes it
> more difficult to read, and which also uses more disk space. Is
> there a U2 routine that deals with this annoyance and HTML
> files that need modifying.

REPCR reformats text with hard carriage returns to fit within current
XyWrite margins. (Command HELP REPCR for more info.) As for
"HTML files that need modifying", do you want to strip out the HTML tags
and leave the text? If so, DELTAGS does that.

Congratulations on your milestones.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx