Logon

I'm looking for some assistance in solving a problem involving logging on
during the loading of XyWrite 4.018 on computers away from my office. I
don't do an install, but rather merely copy the basic XyWrite files onto the
new computer: Editor.exe, settings.dfl, startup.int, pers.spl, saveget.sgt,
newxy4.kbd, the spelling , dialog, menu and help files, some printer files,
some conversion files.

The problem is that the program won't load beyond Logon. It wants a username
and password, and when it doesn't get it the program freezes the computer. I
finally had to try again and hit the Pause/Break key to stop the loading
before Logon and load the remaining files in startup.int "by hand."

What's surprising is that the computer was not connected to a LAN. It is my
understanding that the log on process is not required unless XyWrite is
being used by others on a LAN. I'm on a LAN at work for printing and access
to a central computer, but I don't have to log on or off when using XyWrite.

The computer giving me problems was not on a LAN. It was a rental, running
Windows 98.

Any ideas?

Jim Eberle
jeberle@xxxxxxxx