KERNING

Robert,
  You are correct in assuming negative values are not allowed in the current
3+ width tables. The reference to Negative Relative Movement codes was for the
substitution table (not the width table). As we both have mentioned, this
action will cause the right margin to be "unjustified". To overcome the
justification problem we could let the unprintable character represent a
kerning pair. You can then give the character a width that will justify the
pair . The drawback to this approach is the assignment of each kerning pair to
an unused or u