xywrite save on 2 discs --- now 1 disc and 1 cd

Greetings too you all xywrite users,

My name is Carel van Haeften living in the Netherlands.
I used to work with ATEX (up to 1990) and I am using xywrite since about
1988 or so.
All that time I use XyWrite III Plus version 3.53, first on a new 286, than
an old 386 than an old 486 an finally (2 years ago) a new modern machine
with windows-98/se.

The main reason still using xywrite is that (besides it is so atex-like) I
know the manual by heart (don't test me it is just an expression) and
another great reason is that I have programmed lot of
text-editing-procedures (lately to covert my genealogy xywrite-forms-files
to HTML for the web)

I am member of the xy-list for about 1/2 a year, there is a lot of
discussion I don't follow (or understand) because its about later versions
of xywrite, even versions for windows.

Q 1. ===
Should I migrate to such a version and with one ?
What's my profit? All my programming in xy (.pm) will that still work?
Where can I get it? Legally? With manual?

Q 2. ?===
I am reasonable happy with my 3.53 version, I can copy but regrettable not
paste.
Suspect there is no way to do that while running xy3.53 under DOS under
WIN98/se. Is it?

Useful idea. ?===
In 1999 the automatic save with c:,a: was discussed. I used this save-manner
since the early 90's, it worked fine but slow, very slow.
My new pc has a cd-burner (e:); along with it there is software wich makes
it possible to (re)write the cd as if it was a disc.
So I made the same directory-structure as I had on my c: on the e:-cd (using
xywrite mkdir but you can also use explorer). I still had to use the
9character dos
naming-structure. (also filenames must have that structure)
Then you type c:,e: in the command-line and execute it (or place it in the
startup.int).
You have now a convenient and quick way of saving your xyfiles (that 700MB
is a lot for textfiles, at least for me)

Q 3. ?==
Wish I could force win98/se to do the same way of saving for lots of other
programs. But how?

Greetings
Carel