Re: In Case Anyone's Considering Vista...

Harry wrote:
Tamedos definitely improves how I can work in XyWrite in many respects, but it slows down some of my XPL programs. I notice the speed loss in the latter, but they can run while I go get a cup of coffee.

Using Tame 5.1 I see no speed difference, even with programs that take a noticeable time to run.

I use the same version, but I have two programs, one that works on a set of 170 files totaling 67 MB, and the other on a set 45 files totaling 14 MB, and the programs run through those file sets to extract 2 pieces of info on the 53000 and 17000 entries/subsections respectively within the files, and create 26 alphabetical files with the info. It's always taken noticeable time, and now it seems more noticeable. It's the only change I do notice, but I haven't used a stopwatch to check on the actual runtime. And given the other advantages of Tame, I'm not complaining. The other long-running programs I have I only run quarterly and I just started using Tame, so I'll have to see what happens in January.

Paul

Paul Lagasse
PO Box 144
Kemblesville, PA 19347
pglagasse@xxxxxxxx

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. -- The Borg
Cooperate with the inevitable. -- Dale Carnegie