Re: OT: in the news

But Windows may always be inherently more vulnerable.  Perhaps Linux or something else will fare better ?  In any case, the sensitive stuff that I've been willing to do online is close to nil.  Especially things like online banking.  (I don't even use ATMs.)

   Jordan

From: Edward Mendelson
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 4:56 AM
Subject: Re: OT: in the news

It seems that all processors dating back to the mid-1990s are vulnerable, and, as Kari says, the older ones are unlikely to get software fixes, so they’re probably more vulnerable than anything current. And of course any machine that blocks Windows updates will be even more vulnerable than it would be otherwise.