Re: XyWrite on Pocket PC

If people have nothing better to do than play 1970s games on mobile
phones or walk Zombie-like with their white IPod earpods or buds or
whatever they're called dangling down their faces, we are doomed.

All hail Boobus Americanus

Anyway, I'm always fascinated of environments under which XyWrite will
operate..

Peter Cassidy wrote:

This is great! You have to write a column about this for Slashdot. Like getting Atari games from the 1970s to run on cell phones, if anyone's ever attempted it. Peter On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Myron Gochnauer wrote:
I have an HP iPAQ (PDA) that runs Pocket PC Pro 2003. Yesterday I downloaded a demo version of PocketDOS (www.pocketdos.com). It emulates DOS in the Windows CE environment. Once I got it installed and running, I copied XyDOS IV onto the SD memory card used by the iPAQ. Lo & behold, XyWrite runs! Obviously the small screen is an issue, but it was a nice surprise to see Xywrite boot up. Has anyone else tried PocketDOS and XyWrite? Over the weekend I'll experiment a bit to see what the problems or limits might be. Yes, it provides a way of accessing the function keys. No, I haven't tried it with a keyboard. Myron
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup