Re: Win95 settings

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Alan Heubert wrote:

> Thanks, Mike. That's a very good tip. It makes me wonder, though, do you
> know if there's any way do define a .xy extension so that double clicking
> on a file with that extension (instead of right clicking) will
> automatically call up that file in XyWrite?

Just click on View while in Explorer, then on Folder Options, then on File
Types, then on the button for New Types. Make sure that you define
Actions for Open, Edit, and Print. Look to see how *.DOC files are given
to WORD as an example. (Also, you might want to give both XY and BAK as
accepted extensions, since you do occasionally want to get into those
again.) Also, you probably would be advised to create a shortcut for
EDITOR.EXE and put it in your start menu, then right click on it to set
up some properties-- full screen -vs- window view, mouse usage, etc. (Try
it au natural first, then see what you want to change.)

  ms44278@xxxxxxxx
  Mike Shupp
  California State University, Northridge
  Graduate Student, Dept. of Anthropology