Re: hardcode.pgm anomaly--third try

Patricia,
I don't see any real problem here. Just modify my program to make the kind of change you want. E.g., se // then erase that and put in the value of counter0, period, counter1, period,counter2, period, counter3. You want I should write it for you?
--Harry
All you need to do is to change my program, or write a new one, that keeps a counter for each of C0 through C14 and then increment each counters when it is hit.
Harry Binswanger wrote:
Do you need to do anything more complicated than what I did in my tiny program. As I said in an earlier post, If all you want to do is change DC tags into their numbers, a simple-minded program to do that is:
That Xyquest's Hardcode is overkill is, I suspect, true. But (and I have
to look more closely at the code) I think yours is way to simple. Look, I
use heavily nested ACs, sometimes 6 or 7 deep. Plus a Chapter counter. And
(at least im my grammar magnum opus) also have written-out counters (One,
Two, Three, etc), for which the top-level counters get reset.

Just to give you an idea:
Part One: The Parts of Speach
Chapter : The Verb
   Properties of Verbs
    Tense
        The Present Tense
and so on.
Now I almost always use the decimal style of numbering (1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc; I think I heard somewhere that Wittgenstein introduced that schema in Tractatus?) But others might prefer the more traditional I, A, 1, a, i.
And DC is the command you give to set them up; it's C1, C2, etc that you
use to invoke them.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx