Re: TTG marketing woes

Hi Paul,

I found your comments on XyWrite and where it's (not) going to be
right on the point. Several of the things you said led me to wonder
all over again whether TTG's programmers any longer have the
horsepower it takes to perform in today's marketplace. Otherwise why
the excruciating reluctance to get in and scramble with the other
players?

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996 11:39:20 -0500 you wrote:

>What's the place for XyWrite in this rough and tumble world? After taking
>the time and energy to learn XyWrite's approach to word processing . . . I am >anything but sanguine about its prospects.

>Reading between
>the lines, the next release of XyWin -- should it even happen . . .

>If the product is released this year, it will be about
>three years behind. Meanwhile, none of the major developers is standing pat.

>First and foremost, the program must be written well.

Those throwaway phrases indicate a lot of doubt, and doubtless are
quietly shared by a lot of other people.

>I am learning about XyWrite, hanging out with smart people, and hoping
>against hope that TTG or its successor will get it together and resurrect a
>gem whose future, unfortunately, is dubious.

I'm also here because I still like typing in XyWrite. And if
eventually it dies away and someday it cannot be run on any current OS
being made, then I'll probably keep an old notebook to run DOS and
XyWrite on, still typing away in my favorite word processor.

Gosh, what a dreary future, when with just a little bit of push . . .

Charles Burke, Tokyo