Re: VERSION 3.56

Well, I am VERY upset about this, Chris. You say "the matter is closed." I find
this very difficult to believe: couldn't some arrangement be done to preserve
this feature? This is the single most important feature of XyWrite, and has
been the single most persuasive reason for my sticking with XyWrite despite its
falling further and further behind its comptetitors (WYSIWYG display, font
handling, etc.)

As things stand, I will not upgrade to 3.56, and I will probably not upgrade to
XyWrite IV if this feature is not included. I will (with great regret)
recommend to my users and my friends that they do the same. I'll stick with
3.55 until something is done.

This is symptomatic of our litigous society: Lotus sues over "look and feel,"
Apple sues MicroSoft over "look and feel," and now somebody comes out of
nowhere and forces XyQuest to remove the very feature that I have used to sell
something like 50 to 75 copies of this software.

I'm not mad at XyQuest or you, Chris, but at the situation. Again, its the
end-users who lose in this game.

Stephen R. Crutchfield