XyWrite DOSBox MAC

Many thanks to Paul Breeze for mentioning DOSBox the DOS emulator. It
is also ported for Mac OS X and another open source developer has a
front-end GUI called Radnor for MAC OS X.
I am not an XyWrite power user so I don't know if this solution will
allow everything desired.
My first experiment has been very positive. Radnor is simple and
efficient. It provides the choice of DOS emulation as either full
screen or windowed. I choose "full" and soon had my 15" PowerBook
screen filled with the blue splash screen of Xy3. I typed and saved a
document directly to my MAC HD - no virtual or different partition
needed! So file storage options are unlimited. I haven't explored print
options yet.
Owning and having experience with Virtual PC (VPC) for MAC OS I find
Radnor is much easier to install on a MAC system than VPC. It's much
faster at loading Xy than VPC and since it's open source you can't beat
the price vs. what you have to shell out for Virtual PC.
One last note of interest. VPC was originally produced by longtime MAC
software company Connectix. They sold VPC to MicroSoft in Feb 2003 and
having no other MAC OS X compatible programs, went the way of the
dinosaur. For MAC users this has brought a question regarding the
future for VPC. Those subscribing to conspiracy theories believe the
future of VPC will be limited to the next generation of Win OS only and
that other platforms, including older Win OS will be left behind
unsupported. I am not a MS bashing MAC user. However, I know the
concern is out there regarding VPCs future so I am thrilled with open
source solutions that are coming out for cross-platform and older MS
systems.

Joseph Fisher