Re: XY4.018 and counter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Holmgren"

> If the paper wasn't 8 1/2 x 11 inches, I'd be metric all
> the way. English measure is quaint but, objectively,
ridiculous.

Metric can be pretty damn ridiculous too -- as in using newtons
instead of kilograms to measure the strength of materials used in
buildings and bridges, or -- worse -- specifying the major
dimensions of a railway car in millimeters. Furthermore, there
are the cgs metric system and the MKS metric system, and one is
never sure which kind of calories one is talking about since they
come in two sizes. The secret, awful truth of the matter is that
one really doesn't need to know the weight of a cubic mile of
water in ounces all that often.

George H Scithers