RE: Xy4 Setup

about the added features, but what good are they if you don't feel >comfortable with your software?≫ > >In what ways, exactly? What would you like it to do differently? >shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx Oh, nothing big, but lots and lots lof little things. For example, the keyboard always seems a little delayed, compared to XY3. For example, the cursor always jumps to the end of the line when moving character down, not just simply one character down. For example, it has a funny way to interpret my SPL files (in XY3, I correct typical typing mistakes like "SIe" to "Sie", leaving the correct "sie" untouched. XY4 changes *all* instances to "Sie", making it necessary for me to take those corrections out of the spl file). Then there are those funny surprises -- like "save as" does not work from within a file -- I first have to save, then "import", and *then* it understands it is dealing with a XY4 file). For example all my useful "=DR" commands in the keyboard file are useless now. And so on. All of this little things, I guess, but it just feels like there is something between me and the text -- not like an extension of my fingers like XY3. --Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo --Jan 1999: Back to the future! EC fixes exchange rates.