Re: Development

** Reply to note from kfrank@xxxxxxxx 06/07/95 07:44am
 This debate is refreshing. It is a pleasure to see adults
usefully  fighting; a nice alternative to flame wars. I think
that we "power users"  are both relieved that TTG is finally
paying some attention (and in the  form of fairly
straightforward prose from a higher-up) and also venting  years
of pissed-offedness. [There is a problem with chain printing,
has  been for years and it is documented to fare-thee-well.
Every now and  then I do a colleague a favor and fine-tune a
manuscript for them (if  they were silly enough to let a
publisher demand camera-ready copy).   I'm good at it. I know
all the tricks. I can make indexes. Etc. NEVER  have I been
able to print out a whole manuscript using chain printing.
Usually it is endnotes at the end of each chapter that screw up.
A  couple of years ago an obliging tech person took a file and
rewrote all  the styles so that everything would work. He
almost suceeded. But  the underlying bug(s) have never been
fixed. Phew. That's my rant.]
 Now, in response to Ken's question about VBA. NO. REXX is by
far  the better model.

Regards,

David
 David Auerbach
   auerbach@xxxxxxxx Department of Philosophy & Religion
 NCSU     Box 8103 Raleigh, NC 27695-8103