Re: beeping: on, off, or quietly

" At 08:07 PM 12/18/00 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
" ≪ Not enough to be worth the beeping and onscreen
" change. I guess my distraction threshold is much less
" than yours.  ;-) ≫
"
" You can eliminate one of those distractions by setting
" default CB (Correction Beep) to 0,0. In SETTINGS.DFL
" that would be:
"
" df cb=0,0
"
" In STARTUP.INT:
"
" BX d cb=0,0Q2 ;*;
"
" or, in III+:
" BC d cb=0,0
"
" I'm not sure I'd use Auto-Replace if I had to hear that
" beep all the time; certainly I wouldn't use it as freely.
" I even set Error Beep to inaudible. I'm definitely of
" the "seen-and-not-heard" school when it comes to
" computers.
" -- " Carl Distefano " cld@xxxxxxxx " http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/

	Ah, but I find the beep useful when I use it
	to flag odd words.
	You wouldn't believe "it" being odd, but I want it
	flagged because I want to make sure there are antecedents
	or better references to the subject/object than the
	phrase "it"
	So in the workaday SPL file, I have

	it ?

	Beeping everytime I, T [space] is used. Heads up for
	me to see what I've phrased.

	I often put such warnings on other words, though I'm
	lazy and will invoke a set of autocorrect phrases to
	replace the offending words, such as:

	easy tritegobblegook-easy

	that will glare at me.

						Daniel Say