Norm's keyboard problem...

Jordan Fox wrote:
>Weren't there a couple kbd. programming calls, such as NI, created to deal with this issue in certain situations ?

I've tried NI, and NO, but they don't seem to make a difference.

>Anyway, it has to be significant that ALT-Tab is a _reserved_ combo.
[snip]
>I'm not even sure if you can change this to some
>other combo, within the OS.

You can. In XY, I have assigned alt-tab to "Page Up," a left-over from the first
word-processing program I had learned. In fact, for the same reasons, the tab key is my up-arrow
key.

In Windows 3.11 these changes gave me no problem at all, even though Win 3.11 still used tab and
Alt-tab in the same apparent way as Win 95.

By the way, I switch from XY by pressing alt-esc, a slightly different windows combo for switching
programs.

>I was going to say that it might be a good idea to avoid key-combo contentions like these, but then, one of the reasons we still use Xy is the whole "Have it YOUR Way" thing.

I readily admit that a conflict between my heavily customized kbd file and Win 95 is probably the
source of the problem. Oh well. The reason I love Xywrite so much is that it allows me this ability
to customize. I will eventually solve the problem by leaving Windows. (On another note, that these
conflicts didn't exist in Win 3.11 is an interesting factoid about the world of Windows.)

Bob
Bob Zimmerman
13909 Briarwood Drive, #323
Laurel, Maryland 20708