Re: No more upgrades or bug fixes?

Nathan:
>If you want more conversion filters, the ones XyWrite uses are bought
>(leased, borrowed?) from the old Word for Word. I am told that Adobe
>bought that company and now sells (but does not advertise!) the
>filters on a CD-ROM as Adobe File Utilities. I have been told that
>that version includes DOS, Win3.1, and Win95 versions, but I haven't
>seen it.

I have Word-for-Word (although not the "Adobe File Utilities", thanks
for pointing that out). However, it is more comforable to convert a
file from inside XY-4, and also I find, strangely, that XY works better
than W-f-W. For example, if I save a file as "Word-2" in XY, Word-7
can read it. If I convert it to Word-6 in W-f-W, Word-7 says it doesn't
recognise the file format.

-- Rene