The Monolith (was: As long as everyone else is doing it...)

I happen to dislike MS Word. Others are free to like it. Aside from
certain irritations (all masterable), I happen to like Win95 (I haven't
tried 98). Others are free to dislike it. To put it mildly, I've no great
love of Microsloth. (Does anyone here?) But when I read

>I'm getting very tired of this monolithic Windows95/98 which
>shuts out everything but itself.

I wonder what, if anything, this means. Certainly 95 does not "shut out"
Xy in any way.
Peter Evans