RE: Xy3+ 'settings' files

Reply to note from "Brian Henderson"  Wed,
17 Jan 2007 22:08:30 -0800

Brian and Flash:

> In my Xy3 "settings.int" all the config files being loaded use
> the LOAD command:
>
> LOAD C:\EDIT\COLOR.DIS
> LOAD C:\EDIT\PRINTER\SOFT3.PRN
> LOAD C:\EDIT\KEYBOARD\BRYKEYS.KBD
> LOAD C:\EDIT\OD1.SPL
>
> Except for the save/get file:
>
> LDSGT C:\EDIT\XYWRK\ALTKEYS\ALTKEYS.SGT

Yes, the LOAD command works with any *text-based* customization file
that has an identifier in the form ;XX; at the top. That means ANY
customization file *except* the SGT file, which is binary, not text-
based, and therefore does not support an internal ";SG;" label; it
must be loaded with the LDSGT command. So, to answer Flash's first
question:

> So, if we were to put some other 'settings' in another file and
> load them in startup.int, what command would we use (given that
> "ldkbd" and "ldprn" are already loading something else)?
> "lddfl"?

Any "settings" file will require the ;PR; identifier at the top. To
load it, use the LOAD command (or, if you insist, LDPRN).

As for his other question:

> Is there any preferred sequence as far as loading *.PRN or
> *.KBD?

I don't think so.

--
Carl Distefano