Re: Tweaking something...?

I'm leaving for some days in a few hours, so may not be able to deal with
this for awhile.

-- I understand.

However, preliminarily, what do you have in REG at Variable 99Call= ?

-- Nothing at the moment. I tried putting "c:\xy4\docs\ there. But it
did not make a difference. What should be there?

Is anything specified after the equal sign?

-- See above.

Does 99Call exist at all in your REG file?

-- Yes, of course. See above.

Is the Archive bit possibly turned on for that directory?

-- It does not appear to be the case.

Are you currently located in c:\xy4\docs when you run DR? (try
doing that)

-- That is where I have been all along. Interestingly, if I back up one
level to c:\xy4, I do not have the problem with Shift-C I described
earlier.

There's a possibility that you are experiencing OOM (OutOfMem)
because too much stuff loaded into the S/G buffer. Out of curiosity,
command "VA/NV $M+6" on CMline: what value is returned? Anything
over "8" is borderline, over 14 is often catastrophic.

-- The value I get is 11. I don't load anything but XY4, so what could be
loaded. Are you speaking here of the items loaded in the STARTUP file?
i.e., BX LOAD C:\XY4\XY4.KBDQ2 ;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY4\PERS.SPLQ2 ;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY4\XY4.MNUQ2 ;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY4\XY4.DLGQ2 ;*;